The Good Soil Initiative is a three year program to employ interested applicants at Salvation Army communities which are currently without a hired youth worker or youth minister. Each would be responsible to assigned corps and or community to implement Good Soil Initiative programs with the objective of:
1. Developing children and youth; their faith, character and person through the corps/church and other SA work using youth development principle and practice
2. Increasing local corps ministry with young people in the neighborhood and community through purposeful outreach and service.
The Good Soil Initiative will employ people who have a passion for ministry with youth
as Youth Development Coordinators in Salvation Army churches throughout the
Midwestern states. Youth Development Coordinators are specifically hired to perform
activities/special projects as it relates to youth development.
Youth Development Coordinators will report directly to the Pastor/Corps Officer and
work with youth, neighborhood organizations, parents, teachers, church/corps leaders
and other interested individuals to provide healthy and safe communities, opportunities
for youth to learn, to discover and practice love for God and neighbors, and to obtain
needed skills to participate in family life, church/corps, neighborhood, state and
Applications are available upon request. Click here to download the request form.
Youth Development Coordinator
Youth Development Coordinator (YDC):
- Interested persons with a Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree with a minimum of two
years experience in progressively responsible youth development work, or an equivalent
combination of education, training or experience may apply for the YDC program.
- YDCs selected and hired are expected to complete a minimum three year commitment.
The placement could be anywhere in the Midwest.
- A YDC plans, develops, revamps, promotes, coordinates, and monitors activities with
youth to promote, encourage and holistically develop the young person.
- A YDC supports and has a desire to understand The Salvation Army mission, purpose, and
- Attends The Salvation Army corps on Sundays to develop relationships with youth and adult leaders.
FOR THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Training of Youth Development Coordinators:
- The Territorial Youth Department will plan and implement systematic and on-going
training for all Youth Development Coordinators, CBLI Camp; DYL Seminar minimally.
- Training of Youth Development Coordinators will include youth development principles
and practice, evangelism and outreach, Safe From Harm standards of practice,
neighborhood development, mentoring practices, faith development, leadership training
for adults and youth, quality youth program elements, Salvation Army program practice
and procedure, youth culture and other topics to keep coordinators current and